After the success of iPhone X last year, this year Apple came up with 3 new devices namely iPhone XR, the budget version, iPhone XS, somewhat mid-range and iPhone XS Max, the premium version. iPhone XS Max is the biggest, costliest, and the latest version of iPhone produced by Apple. Let’s learn some Pros and Cons of iPhone XS Max further in the post.
Last year Apple released iPhone X with iPhone 8 and 8+, with the form factor similar to previous iPhones that it had been producing lately. The leap to the iPhone X was the greatest one in the iPhone history with totally revamped display design. But this time, the older version of iPhone too is ditched. The company has totally shifted to the heavier price point devices. iPhone XS Max is advanced iPhone in all senses, from specs to price.
The notched version of the smartphone is popular in an android version as well. Devices have been providing notched full-screen display which some devices just banged on with their concepts. Now we just have to wait and see how the tallest of all iPhone acts in the market.
iPhone XS Max Quick Specs
- 5-inch Super Retina HD AMOLED display with 458ppi
- Dual 12MP wide angle f/1.8 and telephoto f/2.4 camera
- Dual OIS, PDAF 2x optical zoom
- Notched 19.5:9 aspect ratio display
- Fast charging and wireless display
- Face ID
- 4 GB RAM, 64/256/512GB internal
- 3174mAh battery
- Apple produced A12 bionic chip
- IP68 water and dust resistance
- Price: $1,099 and above
Pros and Cons of iPhone XS Max
The features in iPhone XS Max is very much similar to the iPhone XS. While XS has some pros and cons, it won’t be wrong to say that XS Max has no cons to it. Some of the pros and cons are discussed below.
iPhone XS Max Pros
- 7nm chip fabrication with performance better than previous version
- Largest storage of 512GB
- Large battery capacity
- IP68 rated
- Fast charging
- Strong built quality with stainless steel frame.
- Improved camera performance specially in portrait mode
- Latest iOS out of the box
- Faster Face ID
- Louder speakers
- Better camera stabilization
- Dual Sim
- NFC for Apple Pay
Also Read: Pros and Cons of iPhone XS
iPhone XS Max Cons
- Most expensive iPhone even at its base model
- Fragile and prone to breakage
- High maintenance cost
- Only Face ID for security is biggest risk
- Battery being very smaller compared to its price
- Wireless quick charging is not so quick
- Extra costs for the accessories as they are not bundled with even the costliest iPhone
- Dual sim isn’t quiet what we expected
- The resolution is lower than smaller iPhone XS
- The difference between the XS and XS Max is just the bigger display and resolution
- The bundled 3.5mm to lightning adapter too has been removed from the box.
- Minimal bundled accessories
- Headphone jack will surely be missed.
- Battery life has always been an issue.
Also Read: Pros and Cons of XR
The conclusion of Pros and Cons of iPhone XS Max
To become the world’s first ever $1 Trillion company isn’t an easy task. Hence, these are few of the pros and cons of iPhone XS Max. Apple has been searching for the ways of earning profit every here and there. The 3.5mm to lightning adapter is not present in the box. If we look at the type-c to 3.5mm adapter, it only costs about a dollar, but Apple’s lightning to 3.5mm jack cost 7-8 dollars. That is something that lets Apple earn profit from the royalty. Other accessories too cost fair enough money. Sales of everything is separate.
The iPhone XS Max is supposed to be the upgraded version of XS, but it has degraded resolution and other specs are pretty similar. It isn’t a true upgrade for extra $100. The Apple users always fascinate with “BIGGGGERRR” display but the bigger display isn’t just everything we want in a smartphone.
If newer iPhone is must for you, then go for it, else I don’t see a point in upgrading your device if you already have iPhone X or even iPhone 8/8+.